“People around the world are using the internet more and more each day. As of 2021, over 4.6 billion people around the world use the internet.”
Marketing has always been about reaching customers where they are through various mediums like TV commercials, print advertisements, billboards, etc. The internet offers a unique set of benefits that other marketing mediums can’t match – scope, the option for personalization, and building far-reaching relationships with customers, to name a few. Yet, the internet is an overwhelming and all-encompassing entity, filled with videos, recipes, news articles, and more. In this crowded space of online content, how are you supposed to differentiate your business? The answer is Internet Marketing! Read on this blog from Digitally Global to learn about Internet Marketing and the way it works.
Online marketing uses the internet to deliver promotional messages directly to customers. Online marketers use web design, SEO (search engine optimization), email campaigns, PPC, or social media posts to reach the target market – all in an effort for success.
Unlike traditional marketing mediums, the internet is a two-way street for your business. It’s not just about the customer engaging with you; it also means that they are engaged in conversation and you can guide them down any path of choice based on what best suits their needs.
Internet Marketing is essential for business success in 2021 and beyond. The two most important functions of internet marketing are:
- Attract new customers
- Build brand loyalists
Internet Marketing Vs. Content Marketing
Content marketing and internet marketing are both incredibly similar strategies used to attract leads, but there are a few key differences.
- Content marketing is a vital component of internet marketing. It’s not the only strategy at play, but rather one process within an overall plan for maximizing exposure and revenue potential on online or digital channels.
- Content gets you in your prospects’ inbox while an online presence can be built through social media or email lists for instance – meaning one may work better than the other depending on your target audience.
- The content marketing process applies only to the creation and distribution of high-quality, engaging information to reach your ideal audience. Online marketing includes email or social media for you to share this valuable content with prospects on their preferred platform – it also entails paid advertisements as well.
- Most online marketing indeed has to do with content creation, but it also pertains to the non-content tasks like PPC bidding and website design.
Internet Marketing Strategies In Practice
Here are ten internet marketing strategies you can use to ensure business success
1. Designing a User-Friendly Website
A user-friendly, mobile responsive, clean, and well-organized website can help you to rank higher in search engine results pages, or SERPs. Your site should have a user-friendly design that showcases your brand’s personality and helps differentiate the business from every other online venture out there. Click here! For help designing your website.
2. Optimizing Website For Search Engines
Next, you’ll need to keyword optimize your site for search engines. Essentially this means that instead of just using a single keyword as an organic listing on Google or any other major engine, be sure the entire page is filled with those keywords so it can rank higher when people look through their various options.
3. Using Email Marketing Campaigns
An email marketing campaign is one of the most effective long-term strategies to connect with potential customers and cultivate brand loyalty. This can be used in place for traditional advertising mediums, such as print campaigns or TV ads that may not always work out well depending on where you are targeting your audience.
4. Writing Online Press Releases
Writing online press releases is an additional way to increase your business’s coverage from other sources, which will also positively affect its ranking in the search engines. Plus if a local news outlet covers you and puts out their audience then they’re reaching more people than usual-which means new customers for you!
5. Creating a Blog
We all know that blogging is one of the best ways to attract a large audience and establish your business as a thought leader in an industry. This becomes even more true when you’re able to land on page one of search engines with your blog posts.
6. Developing Social Media Campaigns
Social media contests and campaigns are exceptional opportunities to engage with your online audience, form relationships that can last a lifetime. Whether you need more customers for one week or ten years from now – these types of marketing events give companies insight as they learn what people like about their product.
7. Leveraging Pay-Per-Click Advertising
45% of small businesses use paid advertising, thus you should not ignore this strategy. PPC (Pay-Per click) is an innovative and effective model that makes it easy for your business to appear at the top on SERPs when people search your products or services online with keywords related to what you sell; in most cases, ranking on page one will be challenging without some form of paid advertisement like pay-per-click.
8. Optimizing Your Site For Conversions
If you’re not investing in conversion rate optimization (CRO), then none of your traffic may convert into qualified leads. And without any customers or clients, all this hard work won’t amount to anything. You should focus on four areas where CRO can help: the homepage, pricing page, blog posts, and landing pages. Optimizing your site for conversions is a critical component of any strong internet marketing strategy.
9. Posting Of Videos On Social Networks
The power of video marketing is undeniable. Brands can captivate new audiences and convert leads into customers with the use of videos, which 83% say helps them generate more business. You need to diversify the type of video content you produce so that it appeals more generally. Consider how your video strategy can help reach new audiences and convert them into followers or customers.
10. Creating a Facebook Group
A Facebook group, unlike a Facebook page, is an exclusive and private space that enables you to come together in a community around your brand.
It isn’t necessary for every business but when done properly can go a long way towards creating stronger relationships between customers as well as help foster connections among them all.
A strong community can help build brand loyalty, so it’s important to seek out unique opportunities. If Facebook groups don’t seem like a good fit for your business, consider other ways of engaging with customers such as social media or newsletters that are customized specifically towards your business needs.
Tips To Optimize Your Online Marketing Campaigns
- Choose the right keywords to optimize a site for search
- Create a mobile-optimized and user-friendly site
- Publish blog posts regularly
- Conduct email marketing campaigns
- Encourage conversation on social media accounts
- Publish online press releases
- Cultivate paid social media campaigns
- Leverage pay-per-click advertising for competitive keywords
- Post videos on YouTube or other social channels
- Work with micro-influencers to reach new audiences
Attract quality leads and build deep relationships with your online community, make sure all of the content you produce is about adding value for customers. Online marketing strategies will work best if you incorporate inbound methods like using social media as a way to boost people’s moods or making recommendations based on user data from other platforms.