While it might seem like a solitary topic, it has a connection that goes beyond because marketing is about more than just communication with consumers.
It incorporates advertising and outreach that the individual might have very little input on. It can confuse when someone has diagnosed an advertising attack but then asks how they can change how they feel about what happened afterward.
The article invites people to see that “the feeling” of an experience depends on the person experiencing it and their perspective of it.
What is Moment Marketing?
Moment marketing is creating and promoting a series of moments that allow a consumer to experience the brand in different capacities. It’s usually associated with communications design, but it can also involve digital marketing and beyond.
Actions like these can help bring a brand closer to your audience through its content and actions. Each moment should be designed around specific content objectives to better define what success looks like while also keeping the company or individual accountable.
How Does it Differ From Other Forms of Marketing?
The concept of moment marketing can be compared to social media content because it allows the company or individual to communicate with the public in a more direct and personal way.
However, it also differs from traditional forms of advertising as well. The main distinction is that it allows for a more collaborative effort as opposed to presenting a barrier between the individual and the brand.
Research shows that consumers are more likely to trust a brand if they establish a relationship based on values and personalities rather than keeping them distant from their products.
For example, there should be visual elements, which can include images or videos. There should also be a call to action when the campaign is complete, and then consider the goals of the moment itself. Then it’s time for planning.
- The first step in planning should define what makes a moment and what makes it special. This can include differentiating from competitors and even being memorable on social media platforms.
- After outlining these aspects, the next step would be to put together a creative brief to outline all the information needed to create moments that are going to work with your company or individual brand.
- The final step would then create content that aligns with those moments and potential promotions associated with them.
Benefits of Moment Marketing
The main benefit of moment marketing is that it allows companies and individuals to communicate more directly with their audience.
- It has more of a humanized approach, which means including and treating the consumers like humans rather than just customers.
- It can be a way to boost morale among team members. The concept of working as a team while acknowledging their efforts can make any member of the company or organization feel valued and involved.
- Moment marketing is a much more effective way of reaching audiences than other forms of marketing because it’s more personal and engaging.
- It allows for customers to be more vocal about their opinions, which means the brand or company will have a better understanding of what people are looking for in a product or service.
How Can You Apply Moment Marketing to Your Business?
There are several elements within the realm of marketing that can apply to individual businesses or even those with multiple employees.
- There should be sociable and active promotion based on each interaction the company has with its audience.
- Include creating a brand voice and personality, while also making the company’s actions directly congruent with this voice.
- Another element is ensuring that there is a clear message, but that it also has specific goals for each promotional campaign or moment.
- There should be a key aim for each campaign, as well as being specific about how it will be measured and evaluated afterward. Of course, all of this should still align with the overall vision of the company or individual within the brand.
- The last step is working with your team to ensure everyone on staff knows their role with the company or individual brand itself. This ensures everyone is on the same page with each moment and how they can contribute to its success.
Best Practices for Moment Marketing?
Moment marketing is all about getting people’s attention, and this means using the right images and videos when they are most likely to be engaged. This means posting them when the audience is most active on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
One such platform which can be used to advertise your posts on different platforms is Google Ads.
However, it’s also important not to bombard their feeds with every single image or promotional video. Instead, spreading them out over a week or two will be much more effective in creating an ongoing conversation between the company or individual and its audience.
Some tools you can use to plan your social media posts are:
- ContentCal– A tool that allows you to plan, publish, and measure your content marketing strategy. It’s an excellent way to keep track of your blog posts, social media updates, and other content.
- Loomly– A social media calendar tool that can help you with content planning, design, scheduling, and reporting. It’s an excellent tool for businesses who want to take their social media marketing to the next level.
- Monday.com– A powerful project management tool that can help teams keep track of their progress and collaborate more effectively. Monday.com has a variety of features that make it an ideal choice for businesses of all sizes.
Another best practice for moment marketing is to create interesting content that is easy for your audience to engage with. This can include looking at what other people are doing within their own companies or individual brands as well.
Some visual content creation tools that will benefit your business are:
- Adobe Creative Cloud Express– A suite of three web applications for creating graphics, videos, and web stories. It’s free to use and easy to learn, with a simple interface that makes it perfect for beginners.
- Lumen5– A great tool for creating videos quickly and easily. You can create a video in minutes by uploading a photo or video, adding text, and choosing music.
Other important things to keep in mind while incorporating moment marketing in your business model are:
- Make your content timely and relevant.
- Pay attention to the latest trends and news.
- Use hashtags to make your content easy to find.
- Keep your posts short and sweet.
- Tag relevant users and brands in your posts.
- Repost your content multiple times.
- Use multimedia content.
What do we often hear when marketing a product or service? “Build your brand.” It doesn’t seem that hard, right? All you need to do is broadcast your message and people will flock to you, right?
It just isn’t enough anymore to promote yourself on social media and hope for the best. Customers are savvy, they know what they want, and they will dutifully go in search of it no matter where it is or how much money is involved. They don’t want the same old advertising messages that have been used since the dawn of time.
They don’t want the same old ads on their Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter feed.
They want something new, something unique, and something memorable. They want to be marketed to get them to buy your product or service. This is where Moment Marketing comes in.
We hope through this article you understand the importance of incorporating moment marketing strategies in your business model for growth and success!