The world is changing at a pace not seen in generations. Technology is rapidly evolving, and marketers are scrambling to keep up. What used to be cutting edge is old news; outdated by the time the ink has dried on the contract.
Marketers need to accept that change is inevitable if they plan on being successful in this ever-shifting industry.
Digital advertising would be huge for businesses looking to advertise online as it would allow for a better experience for consumers, which results in more exposure for the companies that pay for it.
Predictions for 2022
Some predictions of what will happen when 2022 rolls around:
- Most consumers will have faster broadband connections, which leads me to predict that video ads are going to become even more popular than they are now.
- By 2022, we’ll be able to see the impact of a combination of hyper-targeted ads and deeper, more personal data mining.
- On an ROI basis, companies will still be far behind their competition because they’re unlikely to invest in technology or process change on anything close to a global scale.
Trends Impacting Digital Advertising
Programmatic is software that automates the buying and selling of digital advertising. It allows companies to place their ads where they want when they want, and control the frequency of those ads.
The technology is primarily bought as a service as opposed to a product, which means it’s not going anywhere soon.
Adobe Advertising Cloud DSP is one such platform that provides this service.
Voice Search will change from the personal assistant on your mobile device to an entirely new way for consumers to interact with the digital world. As voice search continues to evolve, it will become more useful for both consumers and marketers alike.
Influencers have been a huge part of marketing for years. In the future, influencers will take center stage because of their ability to engage with the right consumers at the right time and in the right way.
Some platforms that boost your campaign are:
VR will continue to be heavily used in advertising as content and gamification of user experiences. The future seems bright for this industry as it evolves daily, and it’s exciting to see where it goes next.
This technology is primarily being used by marketers but we can expect more and more consumers to interact with real people via chatbots as they are not only convenient but become increasingly effective at automating processes from A-Z.
The best chatbot-building platforms out there are:
The technology is still in its infancy, but it is predicted to grow in popularity over the next few years. From fun marketing campaigns to serious business applications, this technology promises to be a game-changer in the way we interact with the world.
With all of this data at our fingertips, marketers are using machine learning to strengthen connections between consumers and products. Some of the biggest brands are already using this technology daily.
As these tools become more advanced, they will continue to help improve the customer experience and that will lead to cheaper prices or free services.
Some of the top virtual assistant services are:
Changes In Digital Advertising
Digital advertising continues to grow in popularity. Companies in the United States spend billions of dollars a year on digital advertising, so how does everyone stay competitive?
Here are some changes that you should expect over the next decade as digital advertisement becomes increasingly more advanced and efficient.
One of the biggest changes that are expected to take place is that consumers themselves are expected to play a deeper role in their marketing and advertising.
The impact these changes will have on internet users is not yet known, but certain steps are being taken to ensure the user’s experience is always positive and better than it has ever been.
- A short video that can be shared on a social website, along with a link to the full video will also become more popular.
- Organizations will have to be careful of utilizing technology for the wrong reason, such as data theft.
- The Internet of Things could replace web pages altogether one day, as web pages are more like static things than interactive ones today.
- Location-based services will also be used a lot more by many businesses as they will target people with specific or general ads based on where they are located.
- More businesses will use some new forms of advertising methods such as big data, virtual reality, and artificial intelligence technologies to expand their reach and target specific consumers based on who they are and what they want.
- Another significant change that is expected to take place is that instead of just smartphones, tablets, and computers being used to access the internet, smartwatches are also going to be developed further.
The Future of Advertising and Marketing
The future of digital marketing and advertising has been very promising in recent years. As new technology is made available, we see businesses using it to their full potential. Businesses want to push the boundaries for digital marketing then there will be no stopping them from doing it.
Companies have also been shifting from print media to mobile phone applications and the internet. This is mainly because they can better cater to their customer needs than the traditional way they used to do things; which makes them more appealing in today’s marketplace.
Each generation of our society has had a different outlook on advertising than the last. That is why creativity and innovation are so important in digital advertising and marketing.
While the future of digital advertising may seem promising at the moment, it will be interesting to see how many businesses will look towards the future by the time this technology is currently being used.
We hope this blog provides an updated insight into the world of digital advertising!